Why Flowers ?
According to research conducted in Rutgers by Jeannette Haviland-Jones PhD., Professor of Psychology at Rutgers and lead researcher on the study:
- Flowers have an immediate impact on happiness.
- Flowers triggers happy emotions, heightens feelings of life satisfaction and affects social behavior in positive manner far beyond what is normally believed.
- Flowers have a long-term positive effect on moods. Specifically, study reported feeling less depressed, anxious and agitated after receiving flowers, and demonstrated a higher sense of enjoyment and life satisfaction.
- Flowers make intimate connections. The presence of flowers led to increase contact with family and friends.
- Living with flowers can provide a boost of energy, happiness and enthusiasm at work.
- Expressed “true” or “excited” smiles upon receiving flowers, demonstrating extraordinary delight and gratitude. This reaction is universal, occurring in all age groups.